The sixth annual Downtown Cleveland Restaurant Week is fast approaching and we are thrilled to say that more than 40 of Downtown’s finest restaurants are participating in this week of prix-fixe menus and Pierogi fun.
Pierogi fun, what’s that you say?
This year we encouraged our chefs to do what they do best, and that’s being super creative. We wanted them to embrace Cleveland’s culture all while using their own twists, and what better way than with a Pierogi?
We’re excited for you to celebrate Downtown Cleveland Restaurant Week; so excited, in fact, that we’ve come up with some tips to help you get the absolute most out of your RW experience.
- Make reservations early. Downtown Cleveland is home to some of the most unique restaurants in the country, and you know those will fill up quickly. Be sure to mention Downtown Cleveland Restaurant Week when booking over the phone, or use our Open Table link for easy reserving.
- Do your homework. Participating restaurants have worked hard to supply their RW menus weeks in advance, giving you the opportunity to decide where you want to go and what you’d like to order. Downtown Cleveland Restaurant Week is a great opportunity for you to experience the most diverse restaurants in Downtown. By reading these menus ahead of time, you’ll be able to plan your week so you get the best variety.
- Play close attention. Some restaurants are only providing dinner menus, while some are providing both lunch and dinner. By noting who is doing what, you can better prepare yourself for the week ahead.
- Look at the calendar. This year’s Restaurant Week technically isn’t a week – it’s stretching over 10 days. We wanted to give you and your friends and family a larger window of dates to make sure you can visit as many restaurants as you wanted, with two weekends to do so!
- Download a QR code reader on your smartphone ASAP. When dining out for Restaurant Week, you will be given a check stuffer at the conclusion of your meal. With this, you will be guided to our website, either by visiting the site or by using a QR code. Here, you will enter a contest to win a Downtown Dinner Dream Package. Trust us, you’ll be so excited to enter that you’ll want to scan the code right then and there at your table. Having the QR code app ready can get you easier access to the contest.
- Make your servers happy. The Downtown Dinner Dream Package is not just for the customers – the servers are in on it too. If you enter their name while entering yours, they’ll be entered in a contest among restaurants as well. It’s a win-win situation.
- Seriously, make your servers really happy. Just because you’re dining on a prix-fixe menu, does not mean that you can tip your servers based off of the lower priced bill. Some restaurants are charging $30 for a plate that would normally be +$75 – this shouldn’t change the gratuity! Tip with care!
- Celebrate, we will. What better way to embrace the Pierogi Power than to Polka, Polka, Polka!? On Friday, February 22nd, we will be kicking off RW with Go Fourth and Polka, a happy hour event with polka played by Cleveland’s own DJ Kishka, Pierogi cut-outs for you to pose by (and take pictures with, of course! We can see it now… #instaPIEROGI) and just all over fun. Stop by East 4th Street between 4:30 and 6:00pm that Friday to really kick-off Restaurant Week.
- The fun doesn’t stop there. The following Friday, March 1st, will serve as a fun reminder that you still have one weekend left of Downtown Cleveland Restaurant Week. Barley House on West 6th is generously hosting a Pierogi Palooza, an almost “RW after-party,” if you will. This happy-hour event, held in the Warehouse District, will entertain you with Pierogi samples, Restaurant Week drink specials, and T-shirt giveaways from GV Artwork.
- Social share like crazy. Take pictures. Tweet about the delicious-ness that is on your plate. Let us know what kind of crazy Pierogi recipes you tried. Tweet us at @downtownCLE and use the hashtag #RW13.
- $2 parking. You read that correctly; parking Downtown during RW is only $2 at select lots. All you have to do is visit our website and print out the $2 parking voucher, present it to the lot attendant along with your RW receipt, and you’re good to go. Check out our map of lots here.
- Explore the city on the free trolleys. RTA’s free trolley system (did we mention it was free?) will connect you to almost any destination in Downtown. For instance, you can park at the lot at West 9th & St. Clair, eat at a restaurant in the Warehouse District, hop on the E-Line Trolley, head over to PlayhouseSquare and catch a play. Or, park at the 200 Public Square Garage, hop on the B-line, and have it take you down Superior.