Downtown Cleveland is a destination for romantic restaurants to take your lovely date to dinner on Valentine’s Day, which is coming up very quickly! The 5th Street Arcades and the rest of Downtown is ready to help you make Valentine’s Day 2013 the most romantic one yet!
- Valentine’s Day = chocolate. There is no avoiding that cliche, if you did, well, that would just be wrong. The new chocolate shop in the 5th Street Arcades is your new go-to when it comes to buying some goodies. Do you work in Downtown? Perfect! Hop on the free E-Line trolley during your lunch break, pop into Chocolate 76, pick out something special, and still have time to grab lunch.
- Spread the love. The 5th Street Arcades will be having a “Pop-Up Flower Stand” on Valentine’s Day from 11am – 2pm. Urban Orchid, whom you may recognize from our neighbors in Ohio City, will be selling freshly cut flowers to those who want to make someone’s Valentine’s Day special. Whether it’s for a loved one, for a friend in the office, for yourself, or perhaps for a stranger on the Downtown streets (romantic movie, anyone?), this new pop-up flower stand will brighten anyone’s day.
- Wine and dine. Downtown Cleveland is home to very unique and very romantic restaurants. Make your reservations to one of your Downtown favorites by using Open Table, and start planning your night. While you’re dining in Downtown, take note of other restaurants you’d like to try out when you come back down for Downtown Cleveland Restaurant Week, Feb 22-Mar 3!
- All you need is love. The Rock Hall can’t get enough lovin’! They’re celebrating Valentine’s Day for FIVE DAYS this month with special offers in the museum and online. For instance, if you come in at 1:00 on 2-14, a museum guide will show you all of the Museum’s items that tell a story of l-o-v-e, including the Beatles’ Valentine’s Night Rock Ball Poster and Hendrix’ Love Drops Electric Guitar. Park in the Muni Lot, and from 3-6pm the NineTwelve Trolley runs from there to Gateway District, where you can grab dinner at the Hard Rock Cafe – show ’em your Rock Hall wristband and get a discount for V-Day! The B-Line Trolley can also take you to Lakeside and East 9th, and the Rock Hall is just a short walk from there!
- Love can make you feel blue. The Blue Man Group is in town for the holiday over at The Palace Theatre. This gives you the best chance to take advantage of Downtown’s free trolley system. Park your car at any lot in Downtown, spend the evening at a special restaurant, hop on the E-Line, and head over to the theatre district to enjoy a show.
- Atmosphere is everything. Taza Downtown has a romantic atmosphere that spells l-o-v-e. Celebrate Valentine’s Day from Feb 14-16 (can’t get enough, huh?) at Taza Downtown. For only $50, you and your hot date can enjoy an appetizer, entree, and dessert. Live entertainment on Thursday and Friday will only enhance the romance experience. Don’t forget they’re participating in Downtown Cleveland Restaurant Week — so if this night leaves you wanting more, come back after Feb 22 to order off their RW menu!
- Take your chances at love. Or your chances at gambling at the Horseshoe Casino, who is giving away 28 cars in the month of February. All you and your date have to do is swipe your Total Rewards cards at a promotional kiosk by 7:55pm to enter the daily drawing. After dinner, the C-Line trolley can take you right to the doors at the casino. Just think… if you win that free car, you can ride away in style.
- That’s A Moray. Celebrate your love under the sea at the Greater Cleveland Aquarium. Hors d’oeuvres, appetizers, wine, dinner AND dessert, all while spending time with your loved one and exotic sea creatures. Does it get much better?
- Love stinks, let’s drink. So the whole lovey-dovey, heavy on romance thing isn’t for everyone, and we understand that. If this is the way you feel, you are definitely not alone. Head on over to East 4th Street for an extended happy hour at Crossroads at House of Blues and celebrate Anti-Valentine’s Day with live music and food&drink specials.