Monday, May 6
- International Children’s Festival at PlayhouseSquare – The magic is back during the 4th annual International Children’s Festival at PlayhouseSquare from May 6-11. Bring the kids downtown to experience a world of live performance. Some key elements? Workshops where your children can design puppet pals, an art walk to showcase Euclid Avenue, roaming artists, family activities and more. The kids will get a kick of riding on RTA’s free trolleys – come down early, grab some lunch at one of downtown’s many family friendly restaurants and celebrate the world we share at the Children’s Festival.
- Boys of summer – The Tribe is taking on the Athletics all week in a four-day series. Come cheer on the boys at Progressive Field. The RTA all-day pass is only $5. Take the rapid into town and then celebrate the win on the train-ride back with other Indians fans!
Tuesday, May 7
- Great dinner for a great price – Have you been trying to plan an evening of dinner and drinks with your colleagues? Mark down on your calendars you can get $1 burgers every Tuesday night at Bar Louie in the Warehouse District.
Wednesday, May 8
- Walnut Wednesdays– Folks, it’s that time of year again…Walnut Wednesdays are back! The season started on May 1st and hundreds upon hundreds of downtown workers, residents and visitors made their way to the NineTwelve District to feast on delicious lunches, listen to live music provided by 87.7 Cleveland’s Sound and, of course, catch some rays in the middle of the work-week. dtCLE is the most walkable neighborhood in NEO – take advantage of that by walking on over to Walnut every Wednesday!
- My way or the highway – Limp Bizkit is in dtCLE at House of Blues in Gateway District. Gather up your friends and indulge in the nostalgia as you rock out with Fred Durst and the gang! Doors open at 7:30, so that means you have time to hit up a couple of patio bars on East 4th Street after work.
- Test your knowledge – Trivia is back at Wonder Bar on East 4th Street every Wednesday. Bring some friends and compete against other Clevelanders.
Thursday, May 9
- Celebration at the 5th Street Arcades – Join us as we celebrate the winners of the 5th Street Arcades Retail Development Grant Competition. The storefronts inside the former Colonial Marketplace will soon be filled with unique and fun retailers. RSVP to this great event and you can enjoy live music and meet the winners of the competition.
Friday, May 10
- Downtown Farmers Market at 5th Street Arcades – The beloved Downtown Farmers Market will only be inside the 5th Street Arcades for a few more Fridays. But if the sun is shining, they aren’t afraid to move to the sidewalk on Euclid Avenue. From 11am – 2pm, you can head over to the Farmers Market and stock up on fresh produce and spices to use for your weekend’s meals! Learn more here.
- Food Truck Friday Preseason – Every Friday from 11 – 3, a food truck will be parked in front of Cleveland City Hall serving up lunch to hungry dtCLE workers and visitors.
- Burlesque in dtCLE – Mardi Gras will be taking over Pickwick & Frolic for a chic and glamorous show. It’s food, drink and live jazz. Trying to plan a girls night out? Look no more, your answer is here.
Saturday, May 11
- The Pitbull of Comedy – Bobby Slayton is in town at Hilarities revvin’ up quite the show for those who love to laugh. Come to #dtCLE early in the day, play in the sun at Voinovich Park, hop on the free L Line trolley, grab a burger at Brgr 9 in the Warehouse District, hop on the free C Line trolley and find yourself on the b-e-a-utiful East 4th Street with just enough time to grab a drink before the show.
- Is mom into sports? If you said yes, the Gladiators game will be the perfect Mother’s Day outing. What makes it even better? Moms are free at the box office AND they get a free flower. First 500 moms in the gates will receive a certificate for a free haircut from Legacy Hair Salon.
Sunday, May 12
- Who doesn’t love brunch? – Kirk Franklin’s Gospel Brunch is debuting May 12 at House of Blues. There is not a doubt that mom will love to spend her morning watching this dazzling transformation of gospel while enjoying some legendary dining.
- Four-course prix fixe just for mom – Muse at the Ritz Carlton is honoring moms this year with a special prix fixe menu that sounds too good to be true. Don’t forget to make a reservation!
- Two words: Lobster Bisque – Sans Souci has a great treat prepped for mom this year. Lobster bique, braised lamb shank, key lime pie… the list goes on and on.
- Come Sail Away – All aboard the Nautica Queen Cruise Ship! Take mom on a fancy boat ride with a buffet, entertainment and b-e-a-utiful views of Downtown CLE!