It’s that time of year again, folks! Time to put on those running shoes, dress in your favorite neon-colored exercise attire and get to movin’ in the Rite Aid Cleveland Marathon!
Since the Cleveland Marathon is a super exciting time in DowntownCLE, we want to make sure you and your family and friends get the most out of your weekend in the city.
- Getting around town – The crew behind the scenes of the Marathon have been extra proactive in making sure you know where to park and how to get around. Our friends at RTA are even opening up their Waterfront Line early on race day to help make your morning even easier! DowntownCLE is extremely walkable. You may park in any lot that is open to the public, get those leg muscles warmed up and walk to the starting line. Our Downtown Navigator can help you get started.
- Coming to Cleveland from out of town? The RTA Rapid is the way to go! The Red Line will take you from the airport to Tower City, right in the heart of DowntownCLE. From there, you can either walk to your hotel or take a free trolley. It really is that easy!
- Have no fear; the DCA Clean and Safe Ambassadors are here! Need directions? You got it. Want someone to escort you to your hotel room? Call’em up. Locked your keys in your car? No problem-o. Trying to figure out where in DowntownCLE is the best patio to enjoy a post-race drink? Check and mate.
- Tell your fans! Those folks behind the scenes of the Marathon have also provided a list of spots in Cleveland are the prime locations for watching the race. Here are their suggestions for DowntownCLE: Lakeside and West 6th Street; Carnegie and Ontario; West 6th Street and Superior; Euclid and East 14th; East 9th and St. Clair
- SHOP LOCAL! Whether you’re running, watching or cheering from home, you can support the Cleveland Marathon by purchasing this awesome shirt from our friends at CLE Clothing Co.
Time to eat. DowntownCLE, as we’re sure you’ve heard, is a culinary hot spot! It seems that there is a new announcement every week that a new unique restaurant is opening their doors in the heart of downtown. Below is a list of the downtown spots that are providing specials for Cleveland Marathoners and viewers alike. For a full list from the Cleveland area, visit the Marathon’s page.
- Barley House – All you can eat buffet available from 9 – 3 on race day
- Blue Point Grille – From 4 – 9, post-race happy hour prices available at the bar
- BRGR 9 – You know the song “Cheeseburger in Paradise,” right? You can sing it as you’re feasting on Sunday Brunch from 10:30 – 3!
- Cleveland Chop – they recently opened their doors on St. Clair and they are giving 10% off an entree when they see your race bib
- Nauti Mermaid – They’ll be open early at 8am with brunch ready to go!
- Free delivery to your hotel? Check out Eat Warehouse District, use the code MARATHON13 at checkout, get free delivery AND 10% off. Score!
- Black Dog Kitchen and Bar – On race day, runners and participants of the Marathon receive 15% off their bill
- Pickwick and Frolic – They’re giving complimentary admission to the Dom Irrera show on Sunday for runners. Don’t forget your running bib!
- Tilted Kilt – Did you run in the race? Receive 15% off your bill
A weekend full-o-fun. DowntownCLE is filled with things to do! While you’re in town:
- You should catch a Tribe Game – the Mariners are in town! The boys have been playing like the all-stars that they are – don’t miss your chance to watch’em in action!
- Guys and Dolls is playing at the Hanna Theatre in PlayhouseSquare. DowntownCLE is home to a beautiful theatre district that is PlayhouseSquare. For other show options, click here.
- The Hyatt Regency at the Arcade is hosting a Pasta Dinner for runners and their families on Saturday night (we know first hand that their pasta dinners are legendary!).
- Now is your chance to visit the Horseshoe Casino Cleveland. Did you know that they’re celebrating their first anniversary in Cleveland? How about that?! In honor of the big 1, they’re giving away weekly gifts to Total Reward Members. Find out more here!
- Have your kids with you? Take them to the Great Lakes Science Center. They will absolutely love all of the hands on experiments (all while learning!).
- Coming into DowntownCLE early? Come check out the Pop Up Party in the Park on Thursday, May 16. Live entertainment, local retail, local beer and FUN!
- For a full list of events, visit our calendar.