When making your seasonal plans, we invite you to discover the excitement in Downtown Cleveland, the hub of winter activities. From the holiday shows over in PlayhouseSquare to this weekend’s A Christmas Story run, there is something for everybody to enjoy. The delight starts tonight as guests make their way through the streets of the Warehouse District as part of the 14th Annual Warehouse District Holiday Tour. Throughout the month, visitors and residents are invited to indulge in everything Downtown has to offer since there is no better place to eat, shop and play this season.
- 11-25 – 12-30: Festival of Trees at Allen Theatre
- 11-29 – 12-22: A Christmas Story by Cleveland Play House
- 12-4: Warehouse District Holiday Tour
- 12-5 – 12-22: The Santaland Diaries: Produced by Cleveland Public Theatre.
- 12-6: Dave Koz and Friends Christmas Tour
- 12-7: A Christmas Story Run at Public Square
- 12-7: Cleveland Jazz Orchestra: A Not So Silent Night
- 12-8: Cleveland Jazz Orchestra: Jingle Bell Jazz
- 12-9: Q104’s Holiday Ho Show Featuring Backstreet Boys
- 12-14: North Coast Men’s Chorus: Keeping the Yuletide Gay
- 12-14: Trans-Siberian Orchestra 2013 Winter Tour
- 12-22: Christmas Pageant at Old Stone Church
- 12-24: MUSE presents Christmas Eve Dinner at the Ritz-Carlton, Cleveland
While you’re in Downtown Cleveland, don’t forget to swing by some holiday hot-spots.
- Public Square: the holiday lights were officially lit for the season at Winterfest on November 30. Swing by the Square this month to check out the beautiful displays.
- Star Plaza: PlayhouseSquare completed the first phase of its dramatic neighborhood transformation by creating a more welcoming environment on Star Plaza. Stop by to sit by the cozy fire pit while looking at the decorative lighting throughout the plaza. This month, you’ll also be introduced to COLDSCAPES, a temporary exhibit known as the Snowball Pavilion. The Snowball Pavilion creates a weather protected space to showcase innovative winter design ideas, intended to inspire passersby of all ages to think more creatively about the opportunities available in winter for outdoor activity.
- 5th Street Arcades: Need to check some items off your holiday list? Look no further than the 5th Street Arcades! Over in the Gateway district, they are leading the way in the revitalization of Downtown Cleveland’s shopping scene. With 21 new businesses opened over the past 13 months, the arcades’ mix of unique shops, myriad of dining options, and array of unique services and other amenities makes 5th Street one of the hottest destinations in dtCLE!